MINI PARTY KABOBS
MINI PARTY KABOBS
Mini party kabobs are a fun and easy recipe idea for holiday parties. For a plant-based option just swap the cheese with firm cubes of tofu. Wildwood Sproutofu contains more protein.
- 8 oz. Block of Cheese, or 2—4 oz. Blocks of Cheese, cut in cubes, see note
- PLANT-BASED OPTION substitute cubes of Firm, flavored Tofu for cheese, or omit
- 2-3 Mini Cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1/2 Package of Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Can Large, pitted Black Olives or pitted Kalmata Olives
- 1/2 Jar Pickled Peppers, Peperoncini for spicy or Sweet Banana Peppers for milder
- Mini-Bamboo Skewers, 4.5 inch China Knot or Looped Bamboo Skewer or other Decorative Skewer
- Optional—add other vegetables, pearl onions, cooked popcorn shrimp, cubes of nitrate-free lunch meat, get creative.
DIRECTIONS: make 5-6 cuts down length of cucumbers, make cut on other side of each cut, to remove small triangle of rind, so cucumber slices resemble flower petals [see picture] when sliced. Cut cheese in small chunks, slice carrots with wavy vegetable cutter or knife, wash tomatoes, drain olives and peppers, well. If peppers are too large, slice into 2-4 large pieces. If using regular cucumber, you may have to quarter the slices. Alternate ingredients on mini-bamboo skewers. Optional, stand each skewer upright on a serving plate. To get the skewers to stay upright, add carrot or mini-cucumber slice last, at the bottom of skewer.
NOTE: choose one or two firm cheeses. For a spicier version, choose a cheese like Pepper Jack or Chipotle Gouda. For a milder version choose Cheddar or Colby Jack. Chipotle Gouda and Butter Cheese are pictured.
PLANT-BASED OPTION: substitute firm cubes of tofu for the cheese