HOMEMADE ROSEHIP TEA
HOMEMADE ROSEHIP TEA
Homemade Rosehip Tea. Raspberry – Rosehip Tea. All natural cold buster, loaded with Vitamin C & caffeine-free. Sweeten with raw, honey for an immune boost.
If you have a garden and grow roses, you’ve probably seen the red, rose “hips” pictured above, on your rose bushes. The rose species with the best tasting rose hips and rose hips with the highest Vitamin C content, is Rosa rugosa. Rose hip fruit grows from the base of the rose petals. If the flower is fertilized by a bee, the fruit will begin to swell after the petals have faded and fallen off. On hip forming rose bushes, the entire plant gets covered with the small, berrylike fruits in the fall. Rose hips often remain on the bush into winter.
- 1T Dried Rose Hip Pieces or to make a larger quantity 1/4C Dried Rose Hip Pieces
- 1T Dried Hibiscus Flower Pieces or to make a larger quantity 1/4C Dried Hibiscus Flower Pieces
- 2T Dried Raspberry Leaves or to make a larger quantity 1/2C Dried Raspberry Leaves
- 1t Dried Orange Zest or Peel or to make a larger quantity 1T + 1t Dried Orange Zest or Peel
- 1/4C Dried Green Rooibos Leaves or to make a large quantity 1C Dried Green Rooibos Leaves
DIRECTIONS—mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container until ready to use. Add about 1 tablespoon of tea mix to a tea ball and steep in a mug of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Although green rooibos is naturally sweet, this tea is tart overall, due to it’s Vitamin C content. Add raw, unpasteurized honey to sweeten. Dairy milk and cream can produce excess mucus. Try full fat coconut milk, if you like cream in your tea. Or unsweetened cashew or almond milk.
WHERE TO FIND DRIED ORGANIC HERBS…if you can’t find dried organic herbs in the bulk spice section of your natural food store, you can find them online from Mountain Rose Herbs at…
Metatags: Homemade Rosehip Tea. Raspberry – Rosehip Tea. All natural cold buster, loaded with Vitamin C & caffeine-free. Sweeten with raw, honey for an immune boost.