Best BBQ Grilling Tips Barbeque Recipes
BEST BBQ GRILLING TIPS BARBEQUE RECIPES
BEST BBQ GRILLING TIPS BARBEQUE RECIPES
Best BBQ Grilling Tips Barbeque Recipes. 20+ years in Texas taught this Yankee a thing or two about the secret to moist, juicy BBQ + best BBQ sauce recipe.
BARBEQUE – GRILLING TIPS, THE DO’S & DONT’S
1.NEVER use the same plate or utensils for raw and cooked meat, to avoid contamination.
2.Scrape grill with metal wire brush the rub with a rag coated with unrefined olive oil or coconut oil
3.Add a hardwood that will impart a natural smoked flavor to your meat…mesquite, hickory, pecan, etc.
4.For gas grills use grilling planks: maple, alder, or cedar or cedar wrappers made for grilling
5.To smoke meat, soak wood chips from a flavorful hardwood, in water or beer overnight, let fire burn down to embers, add chips, put meat on grill, close lid
6.Try soaking fresh, woody stemmed herbs like sage, rosemary, or thyme and add to embers before grilling
7.Sear and brown meat on both sides BEFORE brushing with any barbeque sauce
8.Always use tongs or a spatula to turn meat, never pierce with fork, to retain all the moist juices
9.For expensive, quality cuts of meat consider letting natural flavor of quality meat stand on it’s own without using heavy seasonings, dry rub, wet brine, or marinate
10.Wet brine or marinate meats that tend to be dry after grilling, like chicken breasts or tougher cuts of meat
11.Dry brine juicer cuts like chicken with skin/bones and brisket with a salt rub before grilling
12.Real barbeque smoked flavor is imparted from grilling with hardwoods like mesquite and pecan wood alone without the use of charcoal briquettes.
GRILLING THE PERFECT STEAK
1.Grill over high heat, grill is ready when you can hold open palm 1-2” from heat for only 1-2 seconds
2.For juiciest steak only turn once during grilling! And never add salt to steak until it is done cooking.
3.Steak—approx. grilling time: rare 5-6 minutes, medium 6-7 minutes, well 7-9 minutes each side.
GRILLING CHICKEN – BBQ CHICKEN
- Bring chicken to room temperature, don’t grill it chilled However, use caution. Do not leave chicken out any longer than necessary. Especially in warm weather.
- Pile wood or charcoal on 1 side of grill, sear chicken skin side down first, 5 min. ea. side then move to other side for indirect heat. Gas grill, sear chicken 5 min over high heat each side, reduce heat to medium, close lid. OR Pre-cook chicken w/bones in 250ºF oven for 1 hr. before grilling so it’s not burnt outside and raw inside
- Cooking times: pre-cooked, bone-in chicken breasts 5-10 min. ea. side, bone-in chicken 10-20 min. ea. side, boneless chicken breast, 5 – 7 min. ea. side, wings 5-7 min. ea. side, thighs and drumsticks 10-15 min. ea. side.
- Cut into chicken to see if it’s done. It shouldn’t be pink inside, only clear juices should run out. Or use meat thermometer, internal temp of 170 – 180º F.
GRILLING BEEF BURGERS
1.When making burger patties, keep meat loose, don’t make them too compact or dense.
2.Don’t press down on burgers with spatula during grilling, it presses out moist juice.
3.After you make patties, refrigerate them. Always grill cold hamburger patties.
4.Place the large end of an egg in the center of each patty to make a small indent, this keeps patties flat during cooking
GRILLING TURKEY BURGERS
1.Turkey is so lean you’ll need a turkey burger recipe vs. just making patties with the meat.
2.To help keep turkey moist fill a heat resistant pan or bowl with beer, apple cider, or white wine and close lid so liquid steams.
3.Grill over medium heat fro 30 to 35 minutes to cook through.
GRILLING FISH - FISH BURGERS
1.Brush fish with extra virgin or coconut oil, go heavy on skin. Fish burgers spray or brush with oil.
2.Grill fish skin side down first to keep it moist.
3.Use a grilling basket and grill –5 minutes for each inch of thickness on each side.
4.Fish is done when it flakes and/or releases easily from skin. Fish burgers are done when patties are cooked through.
GRILLING SHRIMP – SCALLOPS – LOBSTER TAILS
- Marinate shrimp and leave skin on to keep moist when grilling. Marinate scallops and lobster tails or brush with butter or oil. For best results, grill small lobster tails only.
- Use a grilling basket or soaked wooden skewers. Use 2 parallel skewers, slide one through the head of the shrimp and the other through the tail to keep shrimp from flipping around on the skewers during grilling. Use a grilling basket for scallops. Put lobster tails directly on grill.
- Seafood cooks quickly. Do not turn your back on grill. Cook no longer than 5 minutes per side on hottest grill.
BEST HOMEMADE BARBEQUE SAUCE RECIPE LINK BELOW
HERBED SALTS, DRY SALT RUBS OR DRY BRINES, AND MARINADES MAKE BBQ MOIST AND JUICY. GET ALL THE RECIPE HERE
Marinades & Wet Brines –> http://www.acleandiet.com/?p=7950
Dry Rubs, Dry Brines, and Herbed Salts –> http://www.acleandiet.com/?p=7920
CHECK OUT THESE GREAT PRODUCTS AND RECIPES FROM KALAMAZOO GOURMET
Metatags: Best BBQ Grilling Tips Barbeque Recipes. 20+ years in Texas taught this Yankee a thing or two about the secret to moist, juicy BBQ + best BBQ sauce recipe.