GLUTEN-FREE BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
- 2C Homemade Black Beans or 1—15 oz. can, no salt added
- 1/3C Virgin Coconut Oil + some for greasing baking dish
- 3 Large Eggs, separate egg yolks and egg whites
- 1/2C + 2T Whole Cane Sugar, Unrefined and Unbleached
- 1/4C Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2t Himalayan Salt
- 2t Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips + more to sprinkle on top
- Optional—1/3C Walnuts or Pecans, finely chopped
- Optional—1t baking powder, for cake-like vs. chewy brownies
DIRECTIONS: preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking pan with oil. In an inverted blender, cream beans and oil [best] or use food processor. Add egg yolks, cacao, sugar, salt, vanilla, baking powder [if using], and creamed beans and oil, to food processor. Mix well. In large bowl, mix egg whites with hand beater on high speed, until stiff peaks form. Fold mixture from food processor into stiff egg whites, add chocolate chips, add nuts [if using]. Mix well, transfer mixture to oiled pan. Optional—sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. Bake 35—40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool before cutting. Brownies cut cleaner if refrigerated.
Optional—frost with chocolate buttercream frosting.