PUMPKIN AND OAT SPICE BREAD
- 1C Pumpkin Puree, homemade or canned, at room temperature
- 3/4C Coconut or Palm Sugar
- 1/3C Unrefined Coconut Oil, liquid + some to grease pan
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean, split and scraped or 1t Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 inch chunk Fresh Ginger, pressed or 1t dried
- 1C Unbleached Flour
- 1/2C Oat Flour—see directions
- 1t Baking Soda, aluminum-free
- 1/4t Baking Powder, aluminum-free
- 1t Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2C Currants
DIRECTIONS: preheat oven to 350ºF. If coconut oil is not liquid, gently warm then bring to room temperature. Eggs and pumpkin puree also need to be room temperature, to prevent coconut oil from hardening. Add pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to bowl. Peel ginger, using garlic press, squeeze into bowl. Mix then add dry ingredients, stir by hand, do not over mix. Lightly grease 6 or 10 cup mini Bundt cake pan. Pour mix evenly between all the cups, about 2/3rds full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of one side, comes out clean. Or use a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan or double recipe and use a full-size Bundt pan. Increase cooking time to 50-80 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan. Cool completely. To make mini whipped cream filled “pumpkins”, place one mini Bundt bread upside down on plate, add a thick layer of coconut whipped cream or traditional dairy whipped cream [recipes follow], then gently top with second Bundt. Add leaf attached to stem in center of Bundt. Serve immediately.
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1C Frozen Coconut Milk or Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1t Maple Syrup or Raw, Unpasteurized Honey, or more to taste
DIRECTIONS: put mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. In the meantime, thaw frozen coconut milk [cream]. If using canned coconut milk, refrigerate can overnight. Remove can from refrigerator, turn it upside down, open it, then pour-off coconut water at top [you can use the coconut water in a smoothie or another recipe]. Scoop thick coconut milk remaining in the can into chilled bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in sweetener to taste. Use immediately.
TRADITIONAL WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1T Powdered Sugar or Sugar, or more to taste
DIRECTIONS: put mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Add chilled whipping cream to bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in sweetener to taste. Be careful not to over beat the whipped cream or it will turn into butter. Use immediately.