SPICY GRILLED BEEF KABOBS
SPICY GRILLED BEEF KABOBS
Spicy Grilled Beef Kabobs or cook under broiler. Omit hot peppers for mild. Quick, low-calorie, dinner recipe. Red wine & garlic marinade keep beef tender. Serve with brown rice. Paleo diet serve with green salad. Or grilled cauliflower.
- 1-1/2 lbs. Steak, lean OR 1 lb. Package Pre-cut Beef Chunks
- 2 Red Bell Peppers or Yellow Bell Peppers, if using cherry tomatoes
- 2 Purple Onions or white or yellow
- 1-2 Green Zucchini
- Optional – 1 Package Cocktail or Cherry Tomatoes, if using tomatoes use a Yellow Bell Pepper instead of a Red Bell Pepper for more color
- Optional – 1 Package Fresh Mushrooms, button size works best
- Salt & Pepper, to taste, after cooking
- 1/4C Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1T to 2T for Vegetables
- 1C Dry Red Wine, sulfate-free, most organic wines are sulfate free
- 1 Lemon or Lime Fresh Squeezed
- 4 Garlic Cloves, pressed
- *1t Chipotle Pepper, substitute 1/4t black pepper for milder flavor
- *2 Chili Peppers or 2 Jalapeno Peppers, omit for milder flavor
- *1 Bell Pepper, see note
DIRECTIONS—prepare grill if using charcoal. Using wooden skewers? Soak in filtered water while you do food prep. This keeps skewers from catching fire. Make marinade. Use a large glass bowl or baking dish. Whisk oil, wine, lemon juice, and chipotle pepper, if using. For mild kabobs, substitute black pepper. Press or mince garlic. Whisk into marinade. Set dish aside. Cut fat from steak. Cut beef into large cubes. Or to save time. Buy pre-cubed beef chunks. Add beef to marinade. For spicy kabobs. Remove stems from hot peppers, if using. Leave seeds and membranes for more heat. Quarter peppers lengthwise. Add to beef and marinade. Stir mixture to coat beef. Mix well.. Cover. Set aside. Let marinade 15 to 20 to minutes. Stir beef and peppers several times while marinating.
*NOTE: don’t want these spicy? Substitute black pepper for chipotle pepper. Substitute additional bell pepper for hot peppers. Slice bell pepper into strips. Add on top of onions.
In the meantime, heat gas grill or broiler. Wash and cut bell pepper[s], zucchini and onion into large pieces. Wash cocktail or cherry tomatoes, if using. Wash, dry, and quarter or halve large mushrooms, if using. Or use small mushrooms whole. This works best. Put vegetables in a large bowl. Add 1T to 2T olive oil. Coat vegetables. To keep onion sections intact. Do not add to bowl. Instead brush with oil. Or spray lightly with oil from an oil spray pump. Caution: use oil sparingly so kabobs don’t catch on fire. Using shish kabob skewers, alternate vegetables and beef chunks.
Put kabobs on hot grill. Or place kabobs in oven on a broiling pan. Grill or broil about 5 minutes on each side. Or until steak is done the way you like it. The smaller you make your beef cubes, the quicker they cook. In relation to the vegetables.
Use large beef cubes for rare. Smaller beef cubes for well done. Serve with Spicy Cocktail Sauce for a different twist. Add salt and pepper, to taste. After kabobs are done cooking.
SPICY COCKTAIL SAUCE
- 1/2C Ketchup, use a brand like Annie’s Organic Ketchup
- 2T Prepared Horseradish, like Bubbie’s Brand, use more or less, to taste
- 2T Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Juice of 1 Small Lemon
- 1/2t Himalayan or Sea Salt
- Optional – 1/4t Garlic Powder
DIRECTIONS – mix all ingredients well.
Metatags: Spicy Grilled Beef Kabobs or cook under broiler. Omit hot peppers for mild. Quick, low-calorie, dinner recipe. Red wine & garlic marinade keep beef tender.