- 2 medium vine ripened tomatoes, about 2 cups diced small
- ½ small white onion, about ½ cup diced small
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped – leave seeds and membranes for heat
- 1 lime, about 2T fresh squeezed juice
- 1/3C fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4t Himalayan salt – optional
- Dash of fresh ground pepper
- 1 English Cucumber, optional – sliced to use in place of tortilla chips
- NOTE: if making this for children substitute 1/4th to 1/2 mild green bell pepper for the jalapeno
- Mix all ingredients in a non-metal bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. You can hand chop and dice ingredients. Or you can put all ingredients in a food processor before dicing and chopping and pulsate until mixed. Put the tomatoes in last, if you want them to be “chunkier”.
- Slice English cucumber and use the slices in place of tortilla chips. This is so much healthier! Tortilla chips are loaded with hydrogenated oils and empty calories, please avoid them. Even baked tortilla chips are high in calories.
- Or use as a dip for other fresh raw vegetables like zucchini. Can be used as a topping for lettuce “tacos”. Salsa Fresca also goes well as a topping on grilled or broiled chicken, pork, beef, or lamb in place of gravy and it’s good on fish!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin