TO MAKE PINEAPPLE SALSA substitute 2C diced fresh pineapple pieces for the tomatoes.
FOR MANGO SALSA substitute 2C diced fresh mango pieces with skin/pit removed for the tomatoes.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|By author||Aloha Cooks|
- 2-3 Tomatoes (MANGO SALSA sub 2C mangos or PINEAPPLE SALSA sub 2C fresh pineapple)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Jalapeño pepper (leave the seeds and membranes in if you want it spicier)
- 1-2 clove Garlic (use more or less garlic depending on your preference)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (fresh leaves removed from stems)
- 1 Lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt (or substitute regular salt, use less salt if on a low-sodium diet)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper, fresh ground (reduce to 1/8 teaspoon pepper if you don't want it as spicy)
All these salsas go great with sliced cucumbers in place of tortilla chips. Or make your own baked tortilla chips - link below. Or use fresh salsa as an accompaniment to fish, chicken, or pork or add to meat before cooking
|For a chunkier salsa, wash and chop all vegetables and herbs and mix together with the fresh squeezed lime juice and salt and pepper. Or put everything in a food processor and mix well.|
Also great with