1lb cooked and cooled wild-caught salmon
1/4C onion, finely chopped
1/4C celery, finely chopped
1/4C red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, stem, seeds & membranes removed, finely chopped – omit if you don’t want spicy patties
1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed
1T fresh Dillweed, finely chopped
1/4C cup organic cornmeal
1/4C gluten-free oatmeal, ground into flour in food processor
1/4C Vegetable oil suited for high heat cooking like Safflower or Grapeseed
1) In a large bowl, whip egg, then add salmon and flake and mix with a fork.
2) Process the gluten-free oatmeal in the food processor or blender then add to bowl along with the cornmeal. Rinse food processor.
3) In food processor, finely chop onion, celery, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and dillweed. If you don’t have a food processor dice vegetables and dillweed by hand. Add chopped vegetables and dillweed to bowl and mix well.
4) Gently heat the vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
5) Shape the mixture into patties about the size of an average burger or less by taking a handful of the mixture and shaping it, to squeeze out excess moisture, then cupping it for a bit until it takes shape. Gently lower it into the pan of heated oil.
6) Brown the patty lightly on one side for a few minutes, then carefully flip the salmon patty over and brown on the other side for a few minutes. The cornmeal makes the patties a little harder to shape but lends a nice golden color to the browned patties.