SPINACH WITH TOASTED ALMONDS
- 1 bag of fresh spinach, 5-6 ounces or 1 carton of fresh spinach, 5-6 ounces
- 1 small bag of slivered almonds, 2.25 ounces
- 1T vegetable oil suited for high heat cooking like Safflower or Grape seed
- In a small frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, add slivered almonds and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low, stirring constantly until almonds are a light golden brown. Once almonds start to brown they can burn quickly so watch carefully. Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- In a double boiler or a vegetable steamer, wilt spinach over boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Be careful not to overcook spinach or it will lose its color and be too limp. You can drain the spinach on paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Place spinach on cutting board and chop it. Transfer to serving bowl and top with toasted almonds.
Double recipe to make 3-4 servings