EASY TURKEY CHILI
Easy turkey chili is gluten-free and ready in 30 minutes or try the quick 5 ingredient crock pot version. Recipe follows.
- 1 Package 97% Lean Ground Turkey, or about 1 pound
- 1-28 oz. Cans Diced Fire Roasted or Peeled Tomatoes
- 1-14.5 oz. Can Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2-1/2C Homemade Pinto Beans [recipe here] or 2-14.5 oz. Cans
- 1C Onion, about 1 small, chopped
- 1C Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2/3C Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- *1 Chili Pepper, see note
- 1T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Vegetable Bullion Cube, like Rapunzel brand
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2t Ground Paprika
- 1/2t Ground Cumin
- 1/2t Himalayan Salt, or to taste
- 1/4t Black Pepper, or to taste
- *1/4t Chili Powder, see note
- Optional Garnish—Cilantro
- Optional—0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt or Light Sour Cream
NOTE: use organic ingredients, of course!
DIRECTIONS—in Dutch oven, cook turkey, transfer to paper towel lined plate. Gently heat oil over medium heat, add onion, peppers, celery, and garlic to pan, and sauté until vegetables are partially cooked. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and cooked turkey to pot along with bullion and all spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes. Drain and rinse beans, add beans the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking to heat through. Garnish with dollop of yogurt or sour cream, topped with chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
*NOTE: for milder chili, omit chili pepper, for spicier chili add extra chili peppers. Include seeds and membranes for more heat.
QUICK & EASY 5 INGREDIENT CROCK POT CHILI
- 1 Package 97% Lean Ground Turkey, about 1 pound
- 1-28 oz. Cans Crushed or Diced Stewed Tomatoes
- 1-14.5 oz. Can Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Package All-Natural Chili Mix, Note: make sure it’s organic
- 2-14.5 oz. Cans Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
DIRECTIONS—if using whole stewed tomatoes, process in food processor until chunky. Add all ingredients to crock pot, cook until chili is thickened. Optional, brown turkey before adding to crock pot.